Re: Mobile Broadband - init string

--On 24 October 2008 17:35 -0400 Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
¦ On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 18:37 +0100, Rick Jones wrote:
¦
¦ > Response to ATI is LowRider. ATI0 returns ERROR, ATI1 returns R01.92,
¦ > all other ATIn return blank.
¦
¦ Ugh.  At least file a bug with them to return the +GCAP output in the
¦ ATI response like most other GSM cards appear to do.  If it's a CDMA
¦ palm, it can't hurt to return +GCAP anyway.

+GCAP returns +GCAP: +CGSM, +FCLASS, +DS, +ES

Looking at some specs of modem commands, I can't see any requirement to return GCAP info in ATI. I can see why it might be done as a convenience, but how is it formatted, and in response to which ATIn?

I think it's questionable to rely on this at hard-coded driver level. If the driver needs GCAP then it should use the defined mechanism, i.e. AT+GCAP.

Rick