Re: Mobile Broadband - init string

--On Friday, October 24, 2008 10:51:58 -0400 Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
¦ On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 11:16 +0100, Rick Jones wrote:
¦ > I can get the Palm software modem to work using this init string, with
¦ > no other changes:
¦ >
¦ > AT&F\rATV1 X4 &C1 +CREG=0
¦
¦ The CREG gets handled later, can you try without that and let NM do the
¦ magic further on?

This was one of the first problems I encountered. Without this the response to +CREG? is 1,1, but NM is looking for 0,1. The first digit in the CREG query is the CREG mode (if that's the right term). Anyway, it's whatever the value +CREG= is set to. It seems most modems default to 0, but this one defaults to 1, so needs init'ing to 0.

¦ ModemManager (the future direction of modem handling
¦ with NM) will support workarounds for devices like this, provided that
¦ they can be detected somehow.

Sounds useful.

¦ Can you report the ATI output for the modem?  That should work no matter
¦ what, or else you _really_ need to cluebat the Palm software provider.

Response to ATI is LowRider. ATI0 returns ERROR, ATI1 returns R01.92, all other ATIn return blank.

Cheers, Rick