Re: T-Mobile IPWireless 4G (IPWireless 3G Data Modem) support

Dan Williams píše v Čt 13. 11. 2008 v 11:26 -0500:

> > Hello,
> >
> > thanks for excellent work on making networking easy. Is is still
true
> > that this card is not supported? I think there is a lot of users
here in

> Correct, because it's not really a GSM card and requires different
> commands to make work...  the fact that it's listed in 10-modem.fdi is
> actually a mistake that I made before I realized what the card was,
> exactly.
>
> Could you share your wvidal conf or the chat script you're using?  Do
> you need an APN at all?
>
> Dan

This is content of wvdial.conf:

[Dialer TMobile]
Username = gprs
Password = gprs
Phone = *99#
Stupid Mode = 1
Init1 = ATZ
Modem = /dev/ttyIPWp0

I have Fedora 9 and use Modem Lights gnome applet. It works fine but
Firefox always starts in offline mode, Pidgin starts in a strange state
when I must disable and enable accounts to connect. I think the reason
is that according to NetworkManager I am still offline.

Maybe an old feature that allowed NetworkManager to handle wvdial/ppp
scripts could be handy again if this card is so problematic.

Jaromir