Re: T-Mobile IPWireless 4G (IPWireless 3G Data Modem) support

On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 14:08 +0100, Jaromír Talíř wrote:
> > Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:24:23 -0400
> >
> > I do admit that the "IPWireless 4G" card isn't supported yet because
> > it's a slightly different beast than all the rest and isn't really GSM.
> > The same was true for newer Option cards that use some proprietary
> > commands to complete the connection (though that's now supported).  If
> > the parts don't really support the relevant standards then they probably
> > shouldn't be listed in 10-modem.fdi.
> >
> > Dan
>
> Hello,
>
> thanks for excellent work on making networking easy. Is is still true
> that this card is not supported? I think there is a lot of users here in

Correct, because it's not really a GSM card and requires different
commands to make work...  the fact that it's listed in 10-modem.fdi is
actually a mistake that I made before I realized what the card was,
exactly.

Could you share your wvidal conf or the chat script you're using?  Do
you need an APN at all?

Dan