Re: default route problem

Dan Williams wrote:
There's also an open bug where NM should be adding a host route to the
gateway when it's out of the current subnet.  I have a patch for that,
but there were some netlink issues that prevented me from finishing it.

Routing is a bit tricky here because netlink thinks you cannot add the
route to the gateway out of the subnet until you add a default route via
0.0.0.0 first, then add the gateway host route, then replace the default
route with one via the gateway.

This isn't purely a netlink problem, since you can see the same issues
with /sbin/ip.

Could you point me to that bug? I would like to ensure that dhcpcd works with the same criteria. I'm pretty sure it does, but only for CIDR routes. But from the sounds of it, you could just construct the netlink message to say the host is directly on the link instead.

Thanks

Roy