Re: default route problem

Carlos Menezes wrote:
Dear all,

I don't know if problem I had is the same of yours:
When I try to connect to a WiFi network, I can't get a route to default
gateway. I discovered that default gateway is not in the same subnet I am;
for example, I got IP 10.2.203.20, netmask 255.255.255.0 and default gateway
was 10.2.0.1.
I solved by, manually, add a static route to 10.2.0.0/255.255.0.0 and a
route to default gateway.
I noticed that Windows machines do this automatically.
Could this detection (of local network and gateway in different subnets) be
done automatically?

Sounds like it's serving out classless static routes which neither dhclient or NM support. dhcpcd-4 does support them, and you can find a NM-0.7 patch to allow this here [1].

Thanks

Roy

[1] http://www.nabble.com/RFC3442---The-Classless-Static-Routes-td18925762.html