Re: default route problem
- From: Roy Marples <roy marples name>
- To: Carlos Menezes <cedmenezes gmail com>
- Cc: NetworkManager-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: default route problem
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 13:47:44 +0000
Carlos Menezes wrote:
I don't know if problem I had is the same of yours:
When I try to connect to a WiFi network, I can't get a route to default
gateway. I discovered that default gateway is not in the same subnet I am;
for example, I got IP 10.2.203.20, netmask 255.255.255.0 and default gateway
I solved by, manually, add a static route to 10.2.0.0/255.255.0.0 and a
route to default gateway.
I noticed that Windows machines do this automatically.
Could this detection (of local network and gateway in different subnets) be
Sounds like it's serving out classless static routes which neither
dhclient or NM support. dhcpcd-4 does support them, and you can find a
NM-0.7 patch to allow this here .
] [Thread Prev