Re: NetworkManager + PPP

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 13:35 +0200, van Schelve wrote:
> Hello.
>
> In addition to my previous post from yesterday I have seen an other problem
> regarding mobile connections based on ppp. In my Laptop (Lenovo x61) there
> is an Sierra Wireless MC8775 installed. Normally I see three devices for
> this card: /dev/ttyUSB0, /dev/ttyUSB1 and /dev/ttyUSB2. This is the
> behavior for many other cards too.

This is caused by missing bits in the hal-info package.  Could you send
the output of 'lshal' to me and I'll extract the necessary bits?
Technically only the device with "usb.interface.number = 0" should be
used by NetworkManager, but we have to go through each device that shows
up like this and fix it.

Dan