Re: NetworkManager and rf_kill

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 7:23 PM, Khashayar Naderehvandi <khashayar lists gmail com> wrote:

I at least restored the previous behavior of marking the device down
when wireless is disabled; svn r3666.  Again, most drivers should be
entering low-power state when down, since you're not expected to be able
to do much of anything in !IFF_UP state anyway, irregardless of any
other setting of txpower.

There is a slight problem with this on my machine. When deactivating wireless, the wifi device is put in low power state as expected. If I re-enable wireless, I usually won't get the list of access points back. I've tried waiting for at least a couple of minutes, but the WLAN list remains empty until I open a terminal and issue an "iwlist scan". The command lists available APs, and after a moment network-manager-applet shows them as well.

Regards,
K.