Re: NetworkManager and rf_kill

I really might be misunderstanding something here, but deactivating wireless through nm-applet should in fact (as things are currently with NM from svn), do a ifconfig wlan0 down? Is this correct? Because doing that manually, my wifi doesn't suck battery power anymore. However, nm-applet seems to take down the wireless device _only_ when I deactivate network completely, that is, when I deactivate wireless, wired and GSM capabilities. Only deactivating wireless leaves the device up, and hence reduces uptime on battery.

Regards,
Khashayar