Re: de-facto standard dial number for CDMA

> ke, 2008-05-07 kello 19:17 +0900, Masato Taruishi kirjoitti:
> > Hi, guys.
> >
> > According to the source code of network-manager-applet,
> > Auto CDMA network connection assumes the dial number is
> > #777, but CDMA network providers in Japan don't use this
> > number. For example, EMobile, HSDPA provider in Japan, is
> > using *99***1#, and AU, CDMA mobile phone service by KDDI
> > company, is using *99**24#.
>
> I was under the impression that this *99***<foo># is only for GMS
> modems, but now this makes it very interesting. Very interesting
> indeed.
>
> I would really appreciate if you could send me some pppd, chat, pon,
> whatever configuration files and scripts that you have used with these
> Japanese devices. Could you also do some additional testing[1]?

Sorry, I was misunderstanding. I investigated the emobile card.
It's a HSDPA, kind of GSM, modem, but supports only AT+CGDCONT. It
doesn't support AT+CREG nor AT+COPS.

type: mobile data card
model: D01NE
provider: emobile
Minicom 2.3-rc1

AT+CGDCONT?
+CGDCONT: 1,"IP","emb.ne.jp","",0,0

OK

AT+CREG?

ERROR

So in order to use the card in NetworkManager, I had to register
the card as a cdma device though it should work as a gsm device.

Is there any other card which doesn't support CREG?

Best regards