Re: I might be asking for DHCP support, but I'm not sure

On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 15:56 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 14:04 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> > Right; this is normal for DHCP depending on which client requests
> > addresses at which times.  If your laptop requests an address before the
> > desktop, the laptop will generally get the lower address.
> >
> That is interesting because on my home network all machines get the same
> address no matter in which order they are turned on.

Does it continue to do so if the DHCP server is restarted? I imagine
it's probably an implementation detail - whenever possible, try to
assign a given MAC address the same IP it had previously. My DSL router
does this, but may allocate different IPs after being restarted.

Simon.