Re: de-facto standard dial number for CDMA

Hi, Masato.

ke, 2008-05-07 kello 19:17 +0900, Masato Taruishi kirjoitti:
> Hi, guys.
>
> According to the source code of network-manager-applet,
> Auto CDMA network connection assumes the dial number is
> #777, but CDMA network providers in Japan don't use this
> number. For example, EMobile, HSDPA provider in Japan, is
> using *99***1#, and AU, CDMA mobile phone service by KDDI
> company, is using *99**24#.

I was under the impression that this *99***<foo># is only for GMS
modems, but now this makes it very interesting. Very interesting
indeed.

I would really appreciate if you could send me some pppd, chat, pon,
whatever configuration files and scripts that you have used with these
Japanese devices. Could you also do some additional testing[1]?

> I have an EMobile card, and successfully can use the card
> with NetworkManager, but I had to create manual connection
> because the dial number is different from #777.
>
>    s_cdma->number = g_strdup ("#777"); /* De-facto standard for CDMA */
>
> In order to make the card available by Auto CDMA network
> connection, one possible solution is to put the dial
> number into its hal fdi database because each card is
> only used for a specific provider in Japan. However,
> I wonder if it's applicable in other countries.

I'm working with a mobile broadband service provider database, but I
have not nailed down the specification yet. These dial numbers could go
there if they truly are service provider specific.

 -- Antti

[1] http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/MobileBroadband/GprsCid