Re: Is NetworkManager ready for servers with may interfaces?

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Kenneth Crudup <kenny panix com> wrote:
>  I'm still not quite sure how these end up in text files, what the
>  filenames should be, nor what format. Can someone send me a tar file
>  of their /etc/NetworkManager/system_config/ directory, please?

The file names aren't important, but the the configuration files built
by the keyfile plugin use connection names for file names. Since these
files might contain passwords, they have to be owned by root and have
0600 permissions. Attached are two example files, one for ethernet,
one for wireless with WPA-PSK security.

It should be possible to create/modify/delete keyfile plugin files
using the latest SVN nm-applet: when you open a connection properties
page in connection-editor, there's a new checkbox "System setttings".
Checking it will push it to the system settings daemon. The version in
SVN is not doing any authentication so everyone can do it, but I have
patches to add PolicyKit support for it.

Tambet