Re: Is NetworkManager ready for servers with may interfaces?

On Sun, 4 May 2008, Dan Williams wrote:

> Ubuntu/Debian doesn't have a native plugin yet, but you can use the
> KeyFile plugin if you like.

Thanks. (It's becoming obvious I couldn't have just scraped up an Ubuntu
NM 0.7 up on my own w/o a lot of help.)

My next stop was to grab some of the "rogue" .debs out there I've seen
for NM 0.7.X and disassemble one- take it apart, see the installed files
and the scripts then duplicate what I can.

> You just won't get integration with the distro config tools and
> whatnot, since the KeyFile plugin is a completely new config format.

I hate to keep asking silly questions, but which/what distro config
tools won't I able to integrate with, and will that be a problem if I
just use NM to manage my interfaces?

	-Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup  Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles
O: 3630 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #138, L.A., CA 90034-6809      (888) 454-8181