Interface hotplugging and priorities

Hi.

When I connect my SE cell phone to my USB port, like most newer cell phones,
it will create a network device (usb0) which can be used for accessing
internet via 3G/UMTS wireless network (or GPRS when no 3G available).
It is great that NetworkManager makes it possible to use it right away, just
by selecting usb0 in the menu (no configuration needed).

However NetworkManager will in fact switch to usb0 as the main route to
internet as soon as the cell phone is plugged, without asking me first. As
3G connections are still kind of expansive nowadays, I would prefer going
on using my WiFi/ADSL connection, specially when the only reason I plugged
my cell phone was to recharge its battery.

Is there a way to specify that NM should behave as I want ? Shouldn't be
that behavior the default, anyway ?
(Maybe should I specify that I use Ubuntu Hardy, which still uses NM 0.6 if
I am not mistaken... maybe the default behavior did actually change ?)

Thanks !