question about WEP encryption with wrong password

Hi all,

I have a noobie question about WEP encryption. I was trying at my AP the WEP encryption with a worng password and I notice that NM completes the stage 2 and begin the dhcp manager. Then the dhcp doesn't receive any IP because I entered a wrong password. Is it normal that wpa_supplicant completes his states hence NM completes stage 2? I think that it shouldn't have to pass stage 2 because if we have an static IP then we will see that the connection is established, but we're not (can't ping anywhere).

regards,

Charly Liu