Re: How many SSIDs can be listed?

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 17:37 +0100, Benoit Boissinot wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 2:08 PM, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
> >  0.6.x also combines APs with the same SSID in the UI.  0.7 splits them
> >  out at the NetworkManager layer, while the applet combines APs that are
> >  similar based on more than just SSID (SSID, security settings, band,
> >  channel).
> >

> Does that mean that with 0.7, you can choose to connect to a 802.11a
> network instead of a b/g network (with the same SSID and security
> settings) ?

You can from the UI, but wpa_supplicant doesn't support band-limiting
yet, so underneath you're at the mercy of what specific BSSID
wpa_supplicant decides it wants to connect to, whether that's on the
5GHz side or the 2.4GHz side.  We need to teach the supplicant to accept
a 'band' option for wireless networks, and to filter out APs that aren't
on the specified band, then have NM pass that option to the supplicant.