RE: ppp support naming

On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 08:16 +0100, PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE wrote:
> [...]

Or you could just use the OUI from the Bluetooth address if via
Bluetooth, or the USB data otherwise.

> For me and more people, this is important. It is not the same use a
> GSM phone than a HDPA phone, that can upload and download quicklier
> (broadband phone or broadband mobile modem, as Huawaei E220).
>
> Now, when I have to buy a new mobile phone I wouldn´t buy one older
> than HSPA .

You can't really know that, even if you know all the details about the
phone, as even a phone with 3G, GPRS and all the whizzbang might not
have contracts to allow that (As I can vouch for with the latest Sony
Ericsson I got from Ericsson having a pay-as-you-go SIM card with 5 quid
credit).