what do the two lights on NM tray icon mean?

Hi,

There are two lights on NM tray icon when trying to connect to a network. One is at the bottom left corner of the icon. Another is at the top right of the icon. And there is a stuff circulating among those two. Generally the bottom left one turns to green before the top right one. After the connection is established, this icon turns back to a status icon. Can someone tell what do those two lights mean?

Thanks,
Forrest
--
Forrest Sheng Bao
Ph.D. student, Dept. of Computer Science

Forrest is an equal opportunity Email sender.
1. You are encouraged to use the language you prefer. Beyond English, I can also read traditional/simplified Chinese and a bit German.
2. I will only send you files readable to free or open source software.