Re: ppp support naming

On Monday 03 March 2008 19:38:23 Tambet Ingo wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Vitja Makarov <vitja makarov gmail com>
wrote:
> >  I see it in the tree but I don't see it works, correct me if i'm wrong.
>
> It works for GSM and CDMA.

As far as I know, GSM and CDMA are instances of certain classes of cellular
networks, but GSM and CDMA themselves are not used globally.

If I 'm right in this, it would make sense to internally name this support
something generic, like 2GCellular and 3GCellular and then the GUI can sort
out whether it refers to it as "CDMA" in EN_us or "3G" in EN_gb or "UMTS" in
de.  The flipside is users doing a "CDMA wtf?" when they try to use their
cellular card.

Will

--
Will Stephenson