Re: Network manager 0.7 Problems

On Thu, 2008-06-26 at 06:00 +0000, devendra rai wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I guess this is the only place where I'd get some help!
>
> I installed SuseLinux 11 that comes with Network Manager 0.7.  I have
> been able to connect to both wired and wireless networks almost
> painlessly.
>
> The only problem is with wireless networks with WPA EAP TLS protocol.
> The network manager provides an option to select WPA Enterprise, but
> not EAP TLS. All I get is an "authentication" field which has TLS |
> TTLS | PEAP ... etc.

Right, that's EAP-TLS.

> I tries configuring "authentication" to TLS, but then the manager wont
> accept a .p12 private key file.

You'll need to convert the p12 file to a PEM-format file.  See, for
example:

http://www.codealias.info/technotes/wpa2_eap-tls_authentication_linux_client_setup

> Someone asked me to look for "expert" settings in network manager, but
> I cant find how to go to "expert" mode.

Any "Expert" mode wouldn't make a difference, really.

> Since I am able to connect to all other wireless network types, I dont
> think there is a problem with my card.

I wouldn't expect the card yet, at least not until you've been able to
attempt a connection using WPA + EAP-TLS and had it fail.  Can you try
converting to PEM format certificates and trying the connection again?

Dan