Re: System Setting - Wireless - WPA - and Fedora 9

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 10:26 +0300, Tambet Ingo wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 8:43 PM, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
> > Hmm, could be that the encryption key didnt work the first time.  We
> > really should implement get_secrets() for keyfile though.  That's the
> > problem here.
>
> Why? Why would it succeed later if it failed initially? When the
> keyfile configuration changes, it's re-read automatically, including
> all the secrets. If reading WPA-EAP secrets does not work, that needs
> to be fixed, just providing another function that will fail the same
> way won't fix anything.

Yeah, based on the analysis here (thanks!) my original interpretation
was wrong.  Since this is a _system_ connection, there's no way we can
bring up a dialog, because the secrets are required to exist already.
We do have a bit of fixup in the connection editor to ensure that things
are properly disabled/enabled based on whether the connection is valid
or not.