trouble with nm-applet

Hello,

I have been using the Network Manager (with nm-applet) to connect to
both wired and wireless networks in various versions of Ubuntu for
about an year now. I successfully used nm-applet's version 0.6.5 on
Ubuntu 7.10 for about three months when, one day in December, it
suddenly stopped working. It will be very nice if someone on this list
could help me get it back on track.

The applet's behaviour was completely nomal before it stopped working.
And I haven't been able to diagnose the problem. But now

- I have connect to any networks manually.
- The nm-applet in the taskbar always shows me connected (even if I am
not!) and furthermore it refuses to show me the "Connection
Information", whether or not I am connected to a network.

What could be wrong? Does this have to do with the applet or is
something wrong with the computer's networking?

Thank you.

Girish.

--
Girish Kulkarni - Allahabad, India - http://girish.50webs.com