WPA-PSK Wireless in RHEL5 Network Manager, How?

Hello.

I got a laptop running Red Hat EL 5 running a 2.6.18-53.el5 kernel. It has the Intel PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Wireless card which uses Ipw2200 driver. After two long days of searching/trying I still can not get this laptop to connect to the company's wireless router. Network Manager keeps failing. The manager sees the wireless AP unit I want to connect too. I click on it and I get a passphase prompt. The manager knows the encryption os the wireless router is running WPA and has it already selected. But once I enter in the passphrase the manager sits there for about 20 secs and just returns the passpharse prompt. I am typing the passphrase into the login prompt in normal ascii form, its not in hex/encrypted. I assume this means login failed. I always get the passpharse prompt returned to me.

I do have the wpa_suppliment installed and the ipw2200 driver is seen in lsmod. I guess the best first question to ask is what are the exact steps in getting the Network Manager to be able to "talk" to routers using the WPS-PSK encryption. The card does successfully connect to the wireless router in Windows XP, which is on another parition.

Here is some information from the laptop.

Stuff installed for the card

ipw2200 Version: 1.2.0
ipw2200 firmware v 3.0
Ieee802.11 , was already installed with the system

wpa_supplicant v0.4.8

The wireless card is detected and it does see two routers, here is the one I need to connect too
Iwlist Report on router:

Cell 02 - Address: a mac address
ESSID:"GUESTS"
Protocol:IEEE 802.11bg
Mode:Master
Channel:1
Encryption key:on
Bit Rates:1 Mb/s; 2 Mb/s; 5.5 Mb/s; 6 Mb/s; 9 Mb/s
11 Mb/s; 12 Mb/s; 18 Mb/s; 24 Mb/s; 36 Mb/s
48 Mb/s; 54 Mb/s
Quality=77/100 Signal level=-52 dBm
IE: WPA Version 1
Group Cipher : TKIP
Pairwise Ciphers (1) : TKIP
Authentication Suites (1) : PSK
Extra: Last beacon: 16ms ago

/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf file:

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=rd

network={
ssid="GUESTS"
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
proto=WPA
psk="*"
pairwise=TKIP CCMP
group=TKIP CCMP WEP104 WEP40
priority=5
}

/etc/sysconf/wpa_supplicant file:
# wlan0 and wifi0
# INTERFACES="-iwlan0 -iwifi0"
# wireless card is on eth1
INTERFACES="-ieth1"
# ndiswrapper and prism
# DRIVERS="-Dndiswrapper -Dprism"
# Driver for card is ipw2200, uses wext
DRIVERS="-Dwext"

/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth1:

# Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection
DEVICE=eth1
>BOOTPROTO=dhcp
HWADDR=a mac address
NETMASK=
DHCP_HOSTNAME=
IPADDR=
DOMAIN=
TYPE=Wireless
USERCTL=yes
IPV6INIT=no
PEERDNS=yes
ESSID=
CHANNEL=1
MODE=Managed
RATE=Auto

If any other information is needed, just ask.

Thanks.

Swiftmind