Problem with latest libnl 1.0 release (versioning mess)

Hi everyone!

Thomas released libnl 1.0 today and I just noticed that this will make PKG_CHECK_MODULES fail, because 1.0 < 1.0-pre8.

This means, NM in it's current state (and other projects that use a versioned pkg-config check for libnl) will fail to ./configure and compile.

So what should we do about this mess?
Imho it would be easiest if Thomas just released 1.1 right away but I'm open for other suggestions.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?