Re: Networkmanager/dbus/wpa_supplicant

On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 11:46 -0600, Steev Klimaszewski wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 12:33 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> > Try removing the "-f" from the Exec line.  The version of wpa_supplicant
> > you have might not support that option, which may be causing it to quit.
> >
> > Also, are you running SELinux or anything like that?
> >
> > Dan
> Massive snippage...
>
> For what its worth, last time I attempted to get this going, I ran into the same issue.  I am not sure what exactly causes it, and no amount of inspecting the Fedora spec files would give me any clues.  I made sure all the permissions were the same as what Fedora installs, and made sure the files were identical.  Not sure what magic they are using over there, but I wish some would spread over here ;)

Unfortunately, I don't think there's much in the way of debug logging
from the dbus system bus activation bits because there are quite a few
forks and execs there.  But you may need to patch dbus and the system
bus activation helper binary to log output to somewhere and try to
figure out why it's not successfully launching.

> Also, does wpa_supplicant ship with that file yet?  I know that previously it didn't (and I grabbed it from Fedora's cvs) - perhaps I will try to get another snapshot into my overlay soon.

It was committed to upstream git in the past two weeks or so, yes.  But
probably not with the options that I'd like to see (it came from
somebody else).  I'll still likely patch the Fedora version to just use
"-u -f" again.