Re: Can't join wireless network

Dan Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 22:17 +0000, Leon Stringer wrote:
Leon Stringer wrote:
I've got a Toshiba Satellite Pro A120. The Wi-Fi card is reported (in Red Hat system-config-network) as an Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG and I'm running Fedora 8.

I had set up wireless access with system-config-network which was working fine. However, I was looking at Network Manager as I was interested in the VPN client. Unfortunately, I now can't access the network. I see the network in the list from the icon in the notification panel and am prompted for my secrets and enter the WEP key but all I get is the same request after 60 seconds.
I was using NetworkManager-0.7.0-0.6.6.svn3138.fc8. In the absence of any ideas I've now tried NetworkManager-0.7.0-0.6.7.svn3204.fc8 from the Fedora testing dir, but now the service just dies when started.

Should I report a bug? I'm just at a vague "not working" state...

yum update --enable-repo=updates-testing libnl

Thanks, the service now starts, I'm back to my "unable to connect" state.

Should I presume it's not something I'm doing wrong and add it to Bugzilla?