GTK+ and libnotify requirements for 0.7 gnome applet

Two things...  First, would anyone mind terribly if the GTK+ requirement
were bumped to GTK+ >= 2.10 ?  This allows us to use GtkStatusIcon and
to get rid of the eggtrayicon.c code and the alternate packing model it
has to use.  What distros are people running (if you're using NM 0.7),
and what version of GTK does that distro use?

Second, I'd like to use the libnotify notification code exclusively and
remove the notification dialogs that get used when libnotify is not
present.  There are some user-interface improvements that I've been
thinking of that would use notification bubbles extensively.

Thoughts?