Re: Bug 504822 - Use Tango Icons for Nm-applet

On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 19:40 -0500, Darren Albers wrote:
> On Jan 4, 2008 8:57 AM, Baptiste Mille-Mathias
> <baptiste millemathias gmail com> wrote:
> > Hello gents and Happy New Year,
> >
> > I wanted to bring your attention on bug 504822 in order to have
> > beautiful tango icons for the NM-applet.
> > It could be fantastic to have these before the UI Freeze; as NM-applet
> > is one of the latest application not using tango icons.
> >
> > thank you
> > --
> > Baptiste Mille-Mathias
> > Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés
> >

> I /think/ that nm-applet uses all stock gnome icons so it will inherit
> the icon theme that someone sets for their DE.

Yeah; I keep not doing anything about the icon theme because (a) the
applet should be using stock icons [1] so it'll pick up your default
theme if you set it, and (b) I don't think Tango is the best thing since
sliced bread.  I just don't really think it's _that_ much better that
everything should use it by default, including nm-applet.

I certainly don't want to do anything that would preclude somebody from
using whatever icon set they choose, but I feel that whatever the
default icon set is for the applet is completely irrelevant because the
distros theme should override it to match that distros look & feel
anyway.

Dan

[1] applet.c, ICON_LOAD() calls gtk_icon_theme_load_icon() which pulls
the specified icon name out of the current icon theme