Re: FC8

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Stefan Seyfried <seife suse de> wrote:
>  I think that by just using the bits that are readily available, a much better
>  user experience would be possible today.

Sigh, I'm getting tired of hearing "use umtsmon" in every thread that
has a word "3g" or "umts" in it. Until umtsmon works with CDMA (Dan
has explained it multiple times already), uses HAL for device
discovery (opening random files in /proc and /sys is so last century),
and most importantly, implements a DBus interface to control and
receive status changes, NetworkManager simply can not use it. Not
depending on Qt would certainly be a bonus too for a non-gui backend.

So if you're interested in implementing these changes, feel free to
ask for the details what exactly would be needed. Or if you just want
to advertise umtsmon, please do it elsewhere.

Tambet