Re: Plans for ppp and ippp

On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 08:52 +0100, Hans-Gerd van Schelve wrote:
> Dan,
>
> we are currently using 0.6.4-6.el5 which is included in RHEL5. It is clear for
> us that
> we need to upgrade to a newer version either the NM or the whole distribution.

Perhaps; there's benefit to making the PPP integration in 0.6.x suck
less if just to make things work better for those who cannot update to
0.7.  Yes, that would be parallel effort and would be obsoleted by 0.7
code, but just because there's newer stuff doesn't mean everyone can
update.

Personally, I'm also committed to fixing 0.6.x bugs and working through
RHEL5 NetworkManager bugs as well.

Getting better 0.6.x dialup support would be a bunch of work, would
still have interaction holes, and wouldn't be a smooth a ride as 0.7
bits will be, but there's a lot of room for improvement.  So I wouldn't
write off 0.6.x yet.

Dan