Re: Is there going to be a release of network-manager-applet for GNOME 2.18?

On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 11:53 +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:
> I can't stress that too much, but from a packaging POV it would really
> be beneficial if all gnome dependencies were moved into a single,
> separate package/tarball.

I'm not really sure how things should be split. Technically, just as we
have NetworkManager/nm-applet split, there should be vpnc/vpnc-gnome,
openvpn/openvp-gnome etc. Two packages (tarballs) per vpn module. That's
how SuSE packages have split right now and additionally, there's foo-kde
for each vpn module as well. On the other hand, having that many trees
in SVN seems silly as well.

Anyway, it's just my babbling, it's Dan's call.

Tambet