Re: Frequent Disconnects

On Sun, 2007-07-22 at 13:39 -0400, Patrick Hi wrote:
> So do you guys think it's just the weak signal strength and
> interference that is causing the disconnections? If so, what should I
> do about it. Would a different router help (mine's a westell
> versalink). I have the same problem only on all three computers
> running linux and connecting to my wireless network. The iMac has no
> problems, and when booted into windows the computers have no problem
> keeping connected. I just want to find some answers.

Weak signal strength could cause them if you're at the margins of the
network, and the driver looses sync with the AP.  But if you still get
disconnections (ie, iwevent shows SIOCSIWAP events of 00:00:00:00:00:00)
when you're right next to the AP then we really need debug logs from the
driver to figure out why it thinks it's being kicked.

Dan