Re: Status of NetworkManager regarding advanced settings

On 7/19/07, trouble shooting <troubleshouting gmail com> wrote:
Hi all.

I was just wondering if we can hope to have advanced settings soon in
NetworkManager : I'm talking about DNS settings, gateway, and mainly IP
settings (static IPs), it's not convenient to configure connections using
system-config-network, I know NetworkManager has to be simple, but there
might be a way to add such features without spoiling it's ergonomics.

See ya.

I /thought/ that this was planned for 0.7 but when I looked at the
todo list it isn't there:
http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManagerToDo

It is certainly a lot of work and I know it is something that the
Dev's want to do but I can't give you a timeline.  Maybe Dan can
comment?