Re: Network Manager doesn't connect to hidden network on Ubuntu

On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 11:52 +0200, Steffen Bauch wrote:
> Can anybody comment on this Ubuntu bug?
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/50214

> Network Manager 0.6.4 with Feisty Fawn.
>
> I really would like to know what are the dependencies of Network Manager
> 0.6.4 regarding to libiw, Wireless Extensions in Kernel and
> wpa_supplicant.
>
> Is it possible that the bug is connected to properties of "<hidden>"
> replacement. While trying to associate with the network, is the
> interface set up? (in comparisson to "ifconfig ath0 up; wpa_supplicant
> -iath0 -C/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -Dmadwifi" which works).
>
> I really would like to see a patch for this bug.

I didn't think that madwifi used <hidden> ?  If it just passes back a
zero-length SSID like all the other drivers do (except for ipw) then it
should be OK.  Note that some older Cisco APs actually use a string of 8
null characters when they hide the SSID, though this case should be
covered too.