Re: Small guestion: retrying

On 1/24/07, Xamindar <junkxamindar gmail com> wrote:
No, it's a "Dell wireless" on a Dell laptop.  Shows up as a Broadcom.
[code]0b:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation Unknown device
4311 (rev 01)[/code]
I'm using ndiswrapper with it.  I'm not sure if that is a problem or
not.  I have noticed that Networkmanager has a hard time connecting to
anything at under 3 bars but once it is connected the connection is
stable and solid.  Dhcp must be harder to receive than normal network
traffic for some reason (udp?).

I remember that ndiswrapper did have a problem with reporting signal strength:
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php/FAQ#Link_quality.2Fstatistics

I am not sure if that is affecting your ability to connect or not....

Have you considered switching to the bcm43xx drivers?