Re: Small guestion: retrying

On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 01:54 -0800, Xamindar wrote:
> Is there any way to have NetworkManager retry to connect to a wireless
> network upon failing? I find I have to keep telling it to try to connect
> to a network that has a low signal and eventually I will be able to get
> an IP. It would be nice to be able to tell it to try 5 times and then
> give up for example.

Are you at the margins of the network?  Eventually NM will probably just
not list or even attempt to connect to networks with too low SNRs if
using DHCP.  In these cases, you'll need to have static IP set up.

Perhaps we should make NM do a retry, but that's a loosing battle.
People will always ask for more retries.  The solution is get a better
antenna, or move closer to the network.