Re: Small guestion: retrying

Dan Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 01:54 -0800, Xamindar wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to have NetworkManager retry to connect to a wireless
>> network upon failing? I find I have to keep telling it to try to connect
>> to a network that has a low signal and eventually I will be able to get
>> an IP. It would be nice to be able to tell it to try 5 times and then
>> give up for example.
>>

> Are you at the margins of the network?  Eventually NM will probably just
> not list or even attempt to connect to networks with too low SNRs if
> using DHCP.  In these cases, you'll need to have static IP set up.
>
> Perhaps we should make NM do a retry, but that's a loosing battle.
> People will always ask for more retries.  The solution is get a better
> antenna, or move closer to the network.
>
> Dan

I am at the margins of the network I think. In most cases I am not able
to move any closer. I am also not able to get a better antenna because
it is internal on my laptop. Is static IP setup planned for the future?
That would be useful. One thing I was thinking is that dhcpcd gives up
too soon. Is there a way to extend the time?
Thanks.