Re: NM does not list WPA as option when using hostap driver

On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 09:13 -0600, Jay Strauss wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Last night I did a fresh install of Kubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake) on a
> IBM thinkpad A30.  It contains a prism 2.5 chip.  I installed
> hostap-utils, and knetworkmanager.  I have a wpa2 access point at
> home.

This is likely a driver bug.  The driver must state that it is capable
of doing WPA encryption using the range->enc_capa field in the
SIOCGIWRANGE Wireless Extensions handler.  Please either upgrade the
hostap driver, or talk to the provider of your kernel package to get the
correct driver piece added.

Thanks,
Dan