network manager disconnects after idle

Hi,

I'm using network manager upon ubuntu 6.10 (edgy).  I have a prism2.5
card and am connecting to a WPA2 personal network.

I can connect fine.  But if I leave my computer idle for a little
while (30 mins), I'm unable to reach the internet (or local network),
and have to reconnect via the gui (i.e. I click on the applet and
select the same network I was previously connected).

Anyone ever see this or have an idea how to fix it?

Thanks
Jay