Re: Disable prompting when connection attempt fails?

On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 12:27 -0500, Jeff Gold wrote:
> Is there a NetworkManager setting to disable prompting when a wireless
> connection attempt fails?  I'm using NetworkManage on Fedora 8 and I
> find that when something goes wrong on a WEP network I get a dialog
> box asking for configuration details.  I know the WEP key I've already
> supplied is correct and I can cancel the dialog and select the network
> again.  But this is decidedly not painless networking for me.  I would
> like NetworkManager to simply retry the connection without
> intervention.  I've searched the web and the mailing list archives but
> have not found a clear answer.
>
> What is the best way to make that happen?

There's no way to do this right now; NM should probably re-try a
terminated connection once before asking you again.  I'm starting to
think that the security dialog should only really come up during the
connection process if the connection failed, not if the AP terminated
you or the card just randomly decided you were connected and now you
aren't.