Disable prompting when connection attempt fails?

Is there a NetworkManager setting to disable prompting when a wireless
connection attempt fails?  I'm using NetworkManage on Fedora 8 and I
find that when something goes wrong on a WEP network I get a dialog
box asking for configuration details.  I know the WEP key I've already
supplied is correct and I can cancel the dialog and select the network
again.  But this is decidedly not painless networking for me.  I would
like NetworkManager to simply retry the connection without
intervention.  I've searched the web and the mailing list archives but
have not found a clear answer.

What is the best way to make that happen?

                                        Jeff