support for sierra usb aircard 875U cellular modem

Hello,

I have the sierra aircard 875U from at&t

the card actually works if you following their instructions
http://www.sierrawireless.com/faq/ShowFAQ.aspx?ID=607

basically you can use kppp or by typing pppd call gsm

What bothers me is that it is not hooked to the network manager from
ubuntu.   Everything is there, the configuration , the ppp scripts.

There have to be a way to make it part of the applet.

At first I thought I could configure the modem connection inside network
manager gui. But the modem configurations pales in comparison to kppp.
So it does not have all the options that kppp has, starting from the
fact that the device ttyUSB0 is not even in the list.

This devices are now very common.

1. Is there anything that can be done to integrate them into
networkmanager?
2. Since I have the device working , it there a hack I can use to make
it part of network manager?

Thank you.