Re: running gnome applet as stand alone application

> > Well, the thing is that I don't want to run any trays. All I'm running
> > is sawfish which does nothing else than managing the windows which is
> > perfectly fine for me. If I could launch the networkmanager applet
> > window from command line that would be great.
>
> It needs the tray.  There are a number of standalone trays, or you can
> also run any panel that implements that part of the freedesktop spec.
> If you really want a different client, you might want to google
> pynetworkmanager.  I'm not sure what its development status is, or if
> it even works with the new version of NetworkManager.

If you guys give me the first push in the right direction I will write
a stand-alone app based on the gnome applet. I guess it's not too
difficult since everything is there already one just needs to launch
it not by clicking on the applet but from the command line.

Any useful tips where to start? Documentation would really help here a lot....

Thanks a lot,
Daniel