Re: running gnome applet as stand alone application

> > Now I have gnome running, just to set things up and I use the
> > networkmanager applet but eventually I don't want to use gnome (I have
> > it installed and won't delete it but don't want to run it) but a very
> > simple window manager only. Is there a way to run the applet without
> > gnome? All I would like to have is the same window popping up when you
> > click on the applet in gnome, but now without gnome and without the
> > applet, just the window.
>
> NetworkManager should show up anywhere where the freedesktop tray spec
> is implemented. This includes KDE, icewm, xfce, etc. If you want a
> program that just implements a standalone tray, lookup "stalonetray".
> But you shouldn't really need it at this point, since pretty much
> everything will take it.

Well, the thing is that I don't want to run any trays. All I'm running
is sawfish which does nothing else than managing the windows which is
perfectly fine for me. If I could launch the networkmanager applet
window from command line that would be great.

Thanks,
Daniel