Re: Frequent Disconnects

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 05:03:30PM -0400, Patrick Hi wrote:
> So one working method to decrease disconnects seemed to be to increase the
> timeout for link losses. Taken from the bug report,
> changed src/nm-device-802-11-wireless.c, line 2318 from
> self->priv->link_timeout = g_timeout_source_new (8000);
>         self->priv->link_timeout = g_timeout_source_new (20000
>
> I am willing to try this, although I think the first step would be to
> eliminate the possibility of a driver problem.

Did you try this?

So I'm confused.  That's a fix in Network Manager source, but I
thought the problem was suppose to be in the Atheros driver not in
Network Manager.  Or does that longer timeout just suppress the
detection of the Atheros driver disconnecting so that Network Manager
doesn't show the disconnect?

What's the status of .7?  If that is indeed a fix then will that make
it in .7?  I'm also waiting for .7 to have a system wide store for my
WPA keys.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley hank org