Re: Fwd: Problem changing authentication type for wireless connection

On 9/29/06, Matthew Saltzman <mjs ces clemson edu> wrote:

The latest kernels (at least in FC) are not using the latest ipw2200
drivers.  If you want to try the latest, see
www.ces.clemson.edu/linux/fc2-ipw2200.shtml.  These are mostly working
very well for me.

I know they're not the "latest", but not having found anything to
suggest that the latest drivers would fix anything over the version in
Ubuntu, I've been reluctant to get into compiling new drivers.

ifup/ifdown *should* be dead-on reliable, if the config files are correct.

One thing I've noticed about NM is that sometimes after some
suspend/resume cycles, I can't reconnect to any wireless network without
toggling "enable wireless", restarting NM, and/or unloading/reloading the
ipw2200 driver.  Otherwise, it's working well.

Yes, I had the same problem.  Now it''s getting even flakier though,
which is why I have my doubts about the hardware.
--
derek