Re: EAP-TTLS/PAP & dynamic WEP

Hello.

On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 11:09, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 14:24 +0200, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> > Exactly the same setup we use here. We, Thomas and me, just have
> > decided to see if we can make this setup work with nm, too. :)
>
> Great!  Let me know if you need any help or guidance to the bits that
> need changing.

You can be sure I'll write some question to the ml about this. :)

> The lame argument for this was that there were so many phase2 auth
> options that it's really hard to get a workable UI on top of them.  But
> that's only tenable for so long.
>
> What is the breadth of options here?  How many phase2 auth methods are
> there and what secondary options do the phase2 auth options need?
> Unfortunately wpa_supplicant stuffs them all into the one config option.

Let me see if I can figure out which options we have and which
combinations are valid. That would be a starting point.

> > 1. Add phase2 attribut and make sure it arrives at wpa_supplicant.
> > 2. Make it fix to PAP and see if it's working.
> > 3. If this is all we need, make the phase2 value chooseable in the
> > "Connect to other network" dialog. Just like the other option there.
>
> This is, in actuality, the hard part.  We need to get the list of
> options and then figure out how they look, but at first we need to see
> what the scope of it is.

Once we have valid combinations we can start to add stuff we have
ourself or can find good testers for it. And add it step by step.

The problem I see is that I'll never have so many different setups to
test.

> > Of course we would prefer to make this working automagically, but see
> > no way for this now. Suggestions?
>
> You can't.  At least not for phase2, since that stuff is managed by the
> authentication server _behind_ the access point, not by the access point
> itself, and therefore doesn't show up in the broadcast packets AFAIK.
> That's fine, we just need some UI bits for it as described above.

Thanks for confirmation and feedback.

As I wrote in the other mail. I hope to start with this in the next
week.

regards
Stefan Schmidt