EAP-TTLS/PAP & dynamic WEP

I've been connecting to my school's wireless network--it uses EAP-TTLS
with phase2 PAP authentication and dynamic WEP--via wpa_supplicant.
Works well. I would like to start using network-manager. In doing some
google research, I got conflicting information on whether
network-manager supports PAP phase2 auth and dynamic WEP, and was
wondering if I could get a definitive answer? If it's not supported,
is there any way I can get network-manager to play with
wpa_supplicant? I've got wpa_supplicant 0.4.8 and network-manager
0.6.2.

I'm connected right now via wpa_supplicant, and I've also got
nm-applet running. nm-applet reports no network connection, though I
am most definitely connected. nm-applet sees the campus wireless
network and reports the signal strength correctly; however, when I
click on the SSID to connect, I am prompted for authentication via key
or passphrase. My options are WEP 64/128-bit ASCII, WEP 64/128-bit
Hex, or WEP 128-bit Passphrase. I don't have a key to give; again, its
a EAP-TTLS/PAP auth with dynamic WEP encryption scheme so they keys
should be obtained automatically after the authentication.

Not sure if this is relevant to the problem, but just in case, this is
my current wpa_supplicant.conf:
# IEEE 802.1X with dynamic WEP keys using EAP-TTLS/PAP

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=zoid

network={
       ssid="AirPennNet"
       key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
       eap=TTLS
       phase2="auth=PAP"
       identity="me"
       password="andmypassword"
}

I run wpa_supplicant like so: sudo wpa_supplicant -c
/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -i eth1 -D wext -B