Re: EAP-TTLS/PAP & dynamic WEP

Hello.

On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 22:59, Tim wrote:
> I've been connecting to my school's wireless network--it uses EAP-TTLS
> with phase2 PAP authentication and dynamic WEP--via wpa_supplicant.

Exactly the same setup we use here. We, Thomas and me, just have
decided to see if we can make this setup work with nm, too. :)

> Works well. I would like to start using network-manager. In doing some
> google research, I got conflicting information on whether
> network-manager supports PAP phase2 auth and dynamic WEP, and was
> wondering if I could get a definitive answer?

Thomas Liebetraut had a short look at this and it seems nm did not
give an attribut for phase2 to wpa_supplicant. That's our plan to get
this working:

1. Add phase2 attribut and make sure it arrives at wpa_supplicant.
2. Make it fix to PAP and see if it's working.
3. If this is all we need, make the phase2 value chooseable in the
"Connect to other network" dialog. Just like the other option there.

Of course we would prefer to make this working automagically, but see
no way for this now. Suggestions?

> click on the SSID to connect, I am prompted for authentication via key
> or passphrase. My options are WEP 64/128-bit ASCII, WEP 64/128-bit
> Hex, or WEP 128-bit Passphrase. I don't have a key to give; again, its
> a EAP-TTLS/PAP auth with dynamic WEP encryption scheme so they keys
> should be obtained automatically after the authentication.

This happens due the AP only reports WEP encryption. I _guess_ there
is no way to advertise the dynamic WEP key handling. Such
advertisement is only posible with the IE from WPA. If I'm wrong here
please correct me.

> network={
>         ssid="AirPennNet"
>         key_mgmt=IEEE8021X